Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One Bad Egg...Now cooked!

Well it looks like One Bad Egg is going out of business as of TODAY. While they have supported 4E WOTC since the beginning, their inability of getting big sales (300+ on their products with most of them did even reach 100. His words not mine!) and not enough creative desire to keep themselves going is what killed them. While it sucks that ANOTHER RPG company has gone down in flames , I have to wonder, if they had followed mine or even Gareth's business model, maybe they would still be operational. It is not really that complicated to stay in business if you are a RPG publisher. I mean if I have been doing this for nearly a decade and my business has brought me 5 computers (4 desktops and a laptop), several trips to Indianapolis, New Orleans, Baltimore, California and Las Vegas, countless meals, hundreds of thousands of written words, thousands for pieces of artwork and my 2003 Honda Civic, so you could do it too. But don't forget, it is actual work I am doing. Maybe One Bad Egg forgot it was. Talk to you later...