Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Better way to make cool monsters...

I wish there was a easier way to make cool monsters.  I like the First Ones for NeoExodus: A House Divided but I wish I could make the WOTC IP monsters like Beholders, Yuan Ti and Mind Flayers for example. The tone these monster have created are "cool" by defination.  Coming up with something that will apeal to the masses can be tricky.  Over a year ago, I was inspired after seeing Le Reve in Vegas during my honeymoon to created the the three monster races which I have have been calling the Ancients.  These are the monsters that ruled NeoExodus before the First Ones overthrew them and took over.  Think Greek mythology with the Olympians overthrowing the Titans. So far the only Ancient monster race I have "created" is the Chaosweavers.  The name kind of says it all. The second monster race which I (tentively) named the Sha-Yu are solid liquid shape shifters (kind of Odo from Deep Space Nine) but this still needs work.  The third monster race is up in the air.  Nothing has really jumped out to me. Maybe something will come.  Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment