Sunday, February 17, 2013

Transparency Agenda #004: D20pfsrd.com advertising experiment is a 600% success!!!

Back in Transparency Agenda #003, I was talking about advertising with D20pfsrd.com and how good it was going. Now 17 days in my ad campaign with this for our Free RPG Day 2013 NeoExodus Adventure for Kickstarter, I have noticed something thing very interesting. Before we get to deep in to the numbers, I suggest you go and read the Transparency Agenda #003 first since a lot of stuff we will be talking about will be referring back to it.

Back on February 1st, I placed two 160x600 pixel skyscraper banner ads and one 350x90 pixel banner ad on their site at a cost of $250 per month for two months for a total of $500.

As of today February 17th, kickstarter has reported that direct donations from the d20pfsrd.com banner ads has generated $1,011 from those ads. 

Here comes the simple math: 100% of the cost of the ads for February ($250) has been paid for, with an additional $766 generated from the ads. Simply put, in the ads generated $59.47 a day and if continues at this rate the ads will generate $1,665.17 for the month of February. Theoretically as of today, every dollar I spend on those ads made me $6.66. 

In the original post, I thought the ads would only make me $2.68 per dollar spent. I was off by nearly $4. 

Now if you want to be even more interesting, let's say I use the total cost of $500 for two months worth of ads at D20pfsrd.com as my cost AND I don’t make another cent from my ads. The simple math becomes this: 100% of two months of ads paid with the total money raised of $1,011 for the two months. For the 59 days of ads, the ads generate $17.14 a day. Theoretically, every dollar I spend on those ads made me $2.02. Who would not like to get back double their money from an investment? 

Best of all, there are still 28 days left in this kickstarter. Better still, I could get even more money that I have planned right now.

Now the next time someone asks you to advertise with them or their ad group, ask them this simple question: For every dollar I send with you and your advertisement, how much do you think it will generate for me? For people who have a Pathfinder based kickstarter like me, they can look at these numbers as at least a starting point. No, I can’t guarantee you will do as good as I have, hell you might do A LOT BETTER than me, but at least you have a starting point to look at. 

Oh by the way, remember that other person that I referred to in the original post who wanted to advertise with him; well he emailed me. He said it was about a quote he wanted to get from me about Paizo. I didn’t even waste time emailing the person back. Remember, living well is the best revenge and I am living VERY well. Talk to you later…

1 comment:

  1. I personally backed the project from the banner ad combined with the art style and great rewards offered.

    ReplyDelete