Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stuff I'm working on - New Spell - Green Water

Something that I found that I wanted to update for Pathfinder,  Twll me what you think.  Talk to you later...

Green Water
Transmutation
Level: Clr 2
Components: V, S, DF, M
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Touch
Area: Water in a volume of 5 ft. by 5 ft. by 1 ft.
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (object)

This spell changes an area of water up to 5 ft. by 5 ft. by 1 ft. into green slime. A single 5-foot square of green slime deals 1d6 points of Constitution damage per round while it devours flesh. On the first round of contact, the slime can be scraped off a creature (destroying the scraping device), but after that it must be frozen, burned, or cut away (dealing damage to the victim as well). Anything that deals cold or fire damage, sunlight, or a remove disease spell destroys a patch of green slime. Against wood or metal, green slime deals 2d6 points of damage per round, ignoring metal’s hardness but not that of wood. It does not harm stone.
Material Component: A stone flask of water and green dye.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty overpowered for a second level spell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, perfect for kobold clerics and other nasty dungeon denizens...

    Maybe you want to specify that the water must be still water, or elaborate on what happens if it is cast on running water. (Specifying that it must be used on still water is probably simpler and more in line with what you had in mind for the spell's effect.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a spell like this, who needs Player Characters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it is overpowered... Poison is a 3rd level and is not as good as this.
    Also, as you create something, I would make this conjuration instead of transmutation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's overpowered, due to the casting time.

    From my reading of the green slime entry in the core book, I consider green slime to be a collection of living organisms, so I'm not sure that transmutation is the correct school here. Maybe conjuration and transmutation?

    ReplyDelete