Wednesday, March 31, 2010

36th Annual Origins Awards - Rigged against big companies?

After looking at the 36th Annual Origins Awards Finalists, I have to wonder where is Paizo?  I mean, they didn't get ONE nomination?  Really?  The Origin Awards always confused me and then when a GAMA member explained how they get the nominations, it made me laugh.  The whole process sounded a little rigged to me and now these nomination I have to wonder is the whole process rigged?  I don't like WOTC in the least bit any more, but I know they should have been nominated for SOMETHING. No WOTC, Paizo or White Wolf products were finalist.  Does it sound funny to you?  Talk to you later...

5 comments:

  1. We did not bother to submit to the Origins Awards this year, nor are we attending the show. After many, many years of participation, we simply cannot justify the expenses related to either program, and instead prefer to funnel that money into our own growing and very successful local convention, Paizo Con.

    --Erik Mona
    Publisher
    Paizo Publishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hate to have to miss PaizoCon 2010 (New Born baby and all), but I am planning on being at PaizoCon 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louis-

    Just like the Ennies, a publisher must submit a product to the Academy in order for it to be considered. Fantasy Flight Games, White Wolf, Wotc, and Paizo chose not too. There is no conspiracy. If you want to be included, you have to participate.

    -Steve Creech

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except when all the major companies stop attending and stop participating you run the risk of becoming irrelevant, though I like the idea of smaller companies getting a chance to shine.

    Steve Russell
    Rite Publishing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't tend to submit to awards. I prefer the best award of all -- money from sales!

    ReplyDelete