Friday, May 8, 2009

$100 a day at RPGNow.com…

$100 is not really that much money in the scheme of things. But if you could do this daily at RPGNow.com you would be considered a Platinum Level Vendor. Now a $100 can be an easy day OR a hard day depending who you are. I think it is a good number to strive to. If you pull it off your business will then generate over $36,000 a year. And that is not bad no matter who you are. I did some research when WOTC was still on RPGNow and I have “guess estimated” that they sold between $20K to $25K a month. With a back list of over 800 products with an average revenue of $3.71 each (That is 75% of 4.95 with RPGNow taking 25%. I never really believed WOTC was at the same rate as the other PDF vendors which RPGNow takes 30% or 35%) you would only need to sell between 7 to 8 copies of each product in your catalog to get the $20 to $25K amount. Better yet that number they need to sell gets lower each time WOTC put out a new product. You are using the theory of dollar cost averaging combined with Metcalfe's Law. The more products you have, the more opportunity you have to sell something. So if you want to sell more products and make more money, you have to make more products. Pretty simple isn’t it. So the next question is why are you doing it? Talk to you later…

1 comment:

  1. Wow Louis, I think you have been reading my mind! I was just working over some numbers and had the "100 bucks a day" goal firmly fixed in my mind. The next day your posting about it here.

    I also think it really points to having a strong and consistent release schedule. New products drive sales of back-list.

    ReplyDelete