Louis Porter Jr. Design has released its newest product, Adventure Path Iconics for the Pathfinder the gothic and horror-themed adventure path and the Obsidian Apocalypse (PFRPG) campaign setting at RPGNow.com and DriveThruRPG.com. Here is information on this product:
This is the next installment of our Adventure Path Iconics line, and the seven characters herein are specifically designed for play in the Obsidian Apocalypse campaign setting and the gothic and horror-themed Adventure Path. Each character has a full stat block, including campaign traits, a detailed background and personality, and advice on advancement through 4th level. Find one that suits you and you’re ready to play. These characters have been built using a 20-point buy, as many Pathfinder players and GMs prefer it. However, each comes with instructions on how to adjust the stats to a 15-point buy, should your GM wish to use the standard for Paizo’s adventure paths. If your group enjoys an epic fantasy feel for their characters, then adjustments up to a 25-point buy are also available. Whatever your style of play, just a few minor tweaks will have you ready to go.
The iconic consist of seven unique races from the Obsidian Apocalypse campaign setting such as:
Exalted: The exalted are the direct offspring of angelic outsiders mated with the humans of Abaddon. The unique circumstances of Abaddon make this pairing a more common event than it might be in other parts of the multiverse. The angels here are thrust into closer contact with mortals than they are used to, cut off from the gods and entities that they serve and forced to make new lives for themselves.
- Genesai: Genesai are the result of demonic outsiders mating with angelic outsiders, defying all that both sides of the eternal conflict between good and evil consider inviolate. In other worlds and planes of existence, this pairing might be all but unthinkable, but the nature of Abaddon as a “planar trap” throws these opposites together far more often than elsewhere. Whatever the agents of good and evil have against reach other, as outsiders they at least share the same origin.
- Harrowed: The harrowed are one of the most despised and feared races of Abaddon. They are no less than the result of the unholy and abominable union between mortal humanoids and the foul undead. To the subjugated populace, the very existence of the harrowed is a constant reminder of their undead overlords who have taken over Abaddon. These creatures are royal bastards, neither fully mortal nor fully undead, caught between the two worlds.
- Infernals: Infernals are the offspring of demonic outsiders and humanity upon Abaddon or the result of a tainted bloodline throwing up a child bearing the mark of past transgressions of natural law. Infernals are relatively common on Abaddon, given the nature of the world as a “planar trap” and the natural proclivities of the demons who find themselves here, as they are trapped, frustrated, and have only a few playthings to assuage their boredom.
- Khymer: The khymer are descendants of those killed, or at least physically destroyed, by the meteor that struck Abaddon. The necromantic radiation emanating from the blast had many long-lasting effects on Abaddon and its people. For the inhabitants of one city, though, it meant liquefaction followed by mingling with the ravening light. This process infused the liquid remains with negative energy, which coupled with the latent remnants of that people’s native psionic abilities.
- Lykian: Abaddon’s werewolf lycanthropes, most commonly called lykians, are one of the most unusual residents of the world. Unlike standard lycanthropes, lykians are born as lycanthropes. They do not suffer from the lycanthropic disease; instead, they are considered a separate humanoid race with the shapechanger subtype. Before the apocalypse, many carried the curse of lycanthropy, but due to unknown, powerful forces of magic, the curse took on a new form from which the lykians have evolved directly. Lykians, unlike lycanthropes, have only one physical form, despite their shapechanger subtype. They are considered by many to be extremely bestial, hostile, and brutish, like their canine lineage. Their primal nature often usurps and controls their cognitive and reasoning abilities.
- Osirian: According to ancient lore, the osirians were the first intelligent species to emerge on Abaddon, chosen by the gods to be their first creation on this world. They were, and are, a regal and proficient people famed for their skill with their hands and their swiftness, as dangerous archers and fencers and makers of technical wonders and fine crafts.
- Ilita Faara, Female khymer psychic warrior
- Mik’quol an-str-natk, Male osirian cleric (Zebediah)
- Mouse, Female genesai rogue
- Setiphet Sir Lykash, Female harrowed fighter
- (Treeshearer) Snarltooth Swifttongue, Female lykian ranger
- Xasturian, Male infernal sorcerer
- Yeremil Al Zebediah, Male exalted monk