Sunday, February 5, 2012

Missed opportunity for Gamer Ingenuity that Paizo maximized...

My friends over at Game Ingenuity missed out on a perfect opportunity.  Back in October 2010 ( I think) they released the Complete Character Folio for Pathfinder.  The folio was well received by many and the price point seemed to be right.  But today while over at the Paizo site I noticed a new product had just been listed.    That's right, Paizo is coming out with their own Player Character Folio. And with that, the sales for Gamer Ingenuity's folio will most likely drop like a stone. One of the things that I suggested Gamer Ingenuity do is make the folio available to be downloaded for PDF. People had asked them to do it and they seemed to want it, but the guys at Gamer Ingenuity decided not to do it.  I see that as a lost opportunity to make money. And when you read the write up on Paizo's folio is that they ARE going to sell PDF versions of it.  Another thing I told them to do is get in contact with Paizo directly and see if they could get their folio named the exclusive folio for Pathfinder Society.  They didn't do it. Why I don't know.  But if had they been successful it would have been very profitiable.  They most likely missed out on some very high sales. Now from personal experience, I know that when Paizo makes a product very much in line with the product you are making, you are on the wrong side of the battle.  I have a feeling this will be the same thing for the guys at Gamer Ingenuity.  There is nothing worst this seeing a missed opportunity by one, get picked up and become a success for another.  That has to hurt a little.  Talk to you later... 

No comments:

Post a Comment