Thursday, June 16, 2011

I need to do a Kickstarter project, but I have no ideas to to do... OK maybe only one or two ideas...

If you don't know what Kickstarter is, go check out there site and read up on it.  Best of all, check out  Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple - A Storytelling Game success story. This sells the concept of Kickstarter better than I ever could.  Don't worry I will wait until you get back...

...Ok back? Good. Now I have wanted to do something with Kickstarter ever since I flopped with my first try of getting funding for Obsidian Twilight. Even though this first one sucked with me, I know the power of a good idea and Kickstarter is a good idea.  So I have wanted to go back to do some cool and interesting.  But what should I do?  I have one rally cool idea, but a few factors need to be in place to do them to work, so I have to wait a bit.  But I still have the "bug" to do something cool.  I would like to possibly do Xao: Island of Iron and Silk as a project, but I don't know the interest level in NeoExodus yet ( I mean, I, JP and a few other people know it is a great setting, but not everyone else who plays Pathfinder knows yet).  So I am waiting on that.  Maybe I could do a cool monster book for NeoExodus or just Pathfinder in general.  Maybe I could do a Pathfinder version of the Chaos Effect book I did for OGL Superpowered (This is an idea that Monte Cook started with his Event Book line). I will have to see what I can think of that is worth doing.  Talk to you later...

1 comment:

  1. You're going about it bass-ackward, Louis.

    Get the idea FIRST. Then do Kickstarter. If you're thinking "I need to do Kickstarter -- but what should I do?", then you're doing it wrong.

    ReplyDelete