Sunday, December 26, 2010

Want to feel old and obsolete in one easy step, then read this...

I read this today on Deviantart.com at an artist blog:

And let's face it, Maya and other 3D programs are the Photoshop of the future. Right now, kindergarten children all use Photoshop so I expect that 5 years from now, annoying ass 14 year olds are ALL going to be playing around in Maya and DA'll be full of nothing but amazing renders of complex character models and I want to know how to do that before those bastards.


OK I admit this does scare me a little (READ: A whole hell of a lot!) and this also will effect the graphic design and publishing world.  So where does this leave a graphic designer with 20 years of actual experience? Worried is the correct answer.  Talk to you later...

1 comment:

  1. Maya and it's cousins aren't all that new. I've been using 3-D software (of about MAYA level of sophistication) for well over a decade now to produce images and animations for education, corporate, entertainment, industrial, transportation and defense industries. It still takes talent (and a fair bit of time) to produce decent results.

    ReplyDelete