Sunday, September 5, 2010

A new race of the First Ones...who the First Ones attempted to exterminate but failed...

When I came with with the idea of doing a new race called the Scythians,  I didn't know what they actually going to look like and what would make them different as a race.  I knew they would fit into my all new and revamped Pathfinder created NeoExodus: A House Divided. I knew I wanted they to be a member of the First Ones but I want to make them "outsiders" to the First Ones.  And the best way to do that is to make the First One  think that the Scythians were weak and could not survive in the Twilight War with the new races.  So the rest of the First Ones did everything they could to to destroy them and exterminate them.  While most of the Scythians were killed, many did survive and escaped the First Ones attempt of genocide and hid themselves in Exodus.  From there, it gave the Scythian the motivation to hate BOTH the First Ones and the new races.  With their background created, I focused on what element to make them interesting as villainous NPCs for the setting.

It too time, but I finally came up with what the unique quality of the Scythians.  I was looking over things for inspiration for this race and I came over then mutant X-Men with the codename of Marrow.  Her power of bone manipulation had an interesting appeal to me so I added it to my Scythian race creation.  While I liked the ability, I didn't think she had the right visual look I wanted.  I remembered  the image of a Green Lantern named Turytt that had the look I wanted and with that, the visual inspiration of the Scythians was complete.  I will of course make some changes, but you can understand where the inspiration is coming from.

Don't expect to see the Scythians for a little while, most likely during Insurrection: The Rise of the Phoenix Guard NeoExodus: A House Divided adventure path.  But who knows.  All you need to know is, when they do it will be big. Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment