Monday, October 19, 2009

PDF Business Focus: Customer Service

Due to several CRAPPY dealing with companies including Comcast and Stanley Steemers (NEVER USE THEM!!!!!) and two great companies; Cisco and Hart's Painting; I have decided to start talking about customer service and how can I and you do it better for my own business.  I don't know how long I will talk about this but I would like to get the opinions of people who read this blog, good opinions and especially the bad ones.  The best source of customer serives I have heard of is Zappos.com. According to the company, their core value is to "deliver 'wow' through service". Who wouldn't want to work with a company that makes that it core vaule.  What is your business' core value and do your potenial customer know what it is?  Made they do and that is why they don't purchase from you.  Guess you need to step up your game.  Talk to you later... 

2 comments:

  1. So how do you deliver that type of CS with an electronic product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before the sale I think you have to give them something to notice you. It might be a free product, or a comment on a company forum. You have to give them a reason to be interested in you. Then after the product is sold, you could send them a simple email asking how they liked the product. Better yet, how could you as the publisher make it better for them to use. Place it as one page at the end of your PDF with a direct e-mail to make the product better.

    Something that I do with all my D20 / Pathfinder products is include miniature tokens, initiative cards for PC and Monsters, and a character sheet. Simple and something they can use or not use if they like.

    ReplyDelete