Saturday, June 13, 2009

Comic Book Store Visit: Cave Comics

The comic book store that that I really grew my personal taste of comic book outside of capes and tights (that is superheroes for those who don’t know) was Cave Comics in Newton, CT. Run by Pat Callanan has been there for nearly 20 years. I started going and working there my first summer in college (WAY back in 1989) and kept going there until I finally left in 1997. One of the most interesting things about Cave Comics is that they have a large collection of original Batman artwork on the store walls. Pat is a huge Batman fan (his license plate is BATMAN), so if it is about Batman, Pat has it or is about to get it. The store was originally named Batcave Comic but DC Comics put the kibosh on that, so Cave comics it is. So if you are ever in the Fairfield county area of Connecticut, check out Cave Comics. It will be worth it. Talk to you later…

No comments:

Post a Comment