Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why my company is named Louis Porter Jr. Design and NOT Exile Studios...

When I first got started into thinking about having my own business I thought about all kinds of cool names I was going to call the business and there were tons of them. The one that I finally settled on was Exile Studios. It is how I felt at the time (living in Baltimore away from friends and family) so it fit very well. But then, I read something from Donald Trump in which he said, “Put you name on everything you do. When people talk about you company they will be talking about you.” Simple and pure genius. You get to brand yourself and the business at the same time. Here is a little test: What are the names of the head people at White Wolf? How about AEG? Green Ronin? RPGNow.com? Palladium? Pinnacle? Valve? Bungie Studios? NC Soft? Apple? Well I am sure you got Apple, but just think about how much power a name carries. Why shouldn’t your business carry your name? Talk to you later…

No comments:

Post a Comment