Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Maybe four races for Obsidian Twilight are enough races…

While I have created six races for Obsidian Twilight, I have only thought the original four races (Exalted, Harrowed, Khymer and Osirian) really “came off of the page” for me and were very natural fits for the setting. I always wanted to have six races for the setting as I did with NeoExodus: A House Divided. It seemed that it was the right thing to do. But the more I tried to created a fifth and sixth race, nothing I liked came out. I kept getting ideas but nothing really fit very well for Obsidian Twilight. So now I am wondering, do I need to do the other two? I down know. I like the race and maybe that is all we need. I guess I will have to see. Talk to you later...

1 comment:

  1. 4 Races! D&D didnt even have that few options. Variety is key plus all of those races look like humans. What about a sentiant Sand Elemental People who are the remants of a lost living world now cursed in the desolate wastes. They can attack like Dhalism from Street Fighter with extended reach.

    Dude you need a Vampire like race! Or a player race of Cannibals who gain powers by eating their fall foes or eating the captured ones alive they would be Ghouls!

    What about a Glass Golem race. Using the sand and ancient magics a race of slaves was made and then revolted. Hulking brutes of dark glass.

    I dont know man keep at it, but 4 human like races and thats it? Hmmmmm.

    What about a Cabal of Pure Thought who are formless and possess other forms. Theose guys from Stargate meet the Q continuum or something. These are your PSIons.

    Blood Maryrs - the blood of fallen peoples gathered and congeled into forms of horrifying vengence. These 2nd lifers seek to repay old harms!

    Ugh and I am making this shit up on the fly.

    Keep at it man keep at it.

    ReplyDelete