Thursday, April 30, 2009

Eberron plus Spelljammers equals…

I mentioned this in a Twitter post so I thought I might talk about it here. I have been mashing up ideas, genres and setting of late. Just a little exercise that I have come to do that helps me strengthen my creative muscles. So I thought it might be cool if you see the latest mash-up collection I have put together:

Eberron + Spelljammer = Pirates of the Bronze Sky

Straying from the “standard' Western European flavor used in many other OGL settings Pirates of the Bronze Sky takes place in a setting based in "Bronze Sky", a fantasy version of a world of pulp action and fantasy noir, where the inhabitants make extensive use of magic in place of technology to create special flying sailing ships. Fantasy versions of zeppelin, sky pirates, airships, and even mechanical men called Bronze Men are common in place of traditional knights in shining armor.

Thank you Wikipedia.com. What would I do without you? Pulp, pirates, danger and flying ships. The quintessential definition of what is classic cool. Talk to you later…