Monday, March 16, 2009

Lexicon Chronicles: Arcane Intelligence

One project that has evolved and changed over time is the Arcane Intelligence section in NeoExodus: A House Divided. The basic concept behind this all was inspired by science fiction holograms and artifical intelligences like the Doctor from Star Trek: Voyager and Cortana from Halo. I like the concepts of genies and djinn, but I hated that most people though of them in a "classic fantasy" sense, with no willing to see them differently. Plus I needed a way to make them differ from classic fantasy concepts, and with that the idea of Arcane Intelligences were born. The most powerful Arcane Intelligence in Exodus is Kaga, and they are often NPCs but PCs can create and use Arcane Intelligence versions for themself to use like familiars. Due to my lover love of iron golems, and Privateer Press reimagining of them as warjacks, I wanted to give them the same treatment as I have done with the Arcane Intelligences. Neal Bailey and I are still working out the details and naming of this new type of iron golem, so when we get the official name, you will be the first to know. Look for Lexicon Chronicles: Arcane Intellignce to be released in the very near future. Talk to you later...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea... And I love the artwork...

    ReplyDelete