Thursday, December 18, 2008

Burying the hatchet with Gareth…

Gareth made a comment to my latest PDF Business Wednesday and the topic I brought up about Free products. It was a quick comment from him. I don’t know why he did it. Maybe he thought it would be something I would be interested in knowing. Maybe he wanted to show me that other people were talking about this and this was a timely topic. The reason is not important and it got me thinking. So I have decided that I am going to something that needs to be done.

I am going to bury the hatchet with Gareth. Completely and absolutely. No strings attached. What happened in the past is the past. Forgive and forget.

For a long time I have thinking about doing this. When I first started in the PDF business it was a crazy time. Basically the Wild West. I was lucky enough to do well enough to do well enough to expand my business. During this time, I stepped on some people’s toes and rubbed some people the wrong way for whatever reason. But now in nearly 2009, the PDF market is a different place and so am I. Happily married and in the best place I could possibly be at. My life is just about perfect. I have made it my personal goal now to “Do No Harm” to anyone. Hurting people, not asking for forgiveness and not forgiving people only brings down you own personal spirit / karma / whatever you call it and I don’t want that. I want to be helpful not hurtful.

So I hope Gareth will accept my sincere apology to anything I have done in the past to him and I hope we can bury the hatchet and start anew with a clean slate. Talk to you later…

2 comments:

  1. I'm usually pretty hesitant to get too worked up over interpretations of what people write online. Not saying I don't on occasion have an aneurysm over online crap, I do. But I try to avoid it.

    Reason is that it's so hard to tell sometimes. Folks come off sounding badly and mean only the best and vice versa. I know I have a string tendency to come off sounding like I have foot-in-mouth syndrome or something, so I tend to be pretty forgiving. Mostly.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, I posted that because I thought you might find the conversation interesting (I know I did -- It's got my head spinning with all sorts of possibilities).

    As to your offer to bury the hatchet, and your apology: Very gladly accepted.

    I mean, hell -- I've still got people whose opinions of me are based around RPGNet flame wars from 5-8 years ago. Trying to convince people that you've genuinely changed is a difficulty thing, I know, so far be it from me to deny that change in others.

    Clean slate it is. Congrats on your wedding, and Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete