Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Obama

The United States of America has a new president in this historical election. For those who voted for McCain, I hope they can feel the say like as John Wayne said when the canidate he voted for lost:

"He is not them person I voted for, but he is my president and I hope he does a good job."

In my father’s lifetime we have going from living in segregation in Mississippi in the 1940s thru 1960s to the first African-America president in 2008. Now I guess the statement is finally true, "You can be anything you want to be in America if you work hard for it." I wonder how different my future children’s lives will be because of this. Talk to you later…

2 comments:

  1. It is, without a doubt, one of the greatest moments in the history of the United States of America.

    Not only did the right person, I feel, for the job win, but it was done in such a fashion that showed a history empathy with those who voted. Record turnouts, be it by ethnic lines, by state, or by economic gradient. Add to that the fact that the victory was so decisive early in the night that McCain conceded, with class I think, before midnight eastern time.

    I was proud of my vote before I even knew the result, but in hindsight, I am more proud of this vote than any before. It is an awesome time to be a human being, let alone an American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can now proudly put some american flags on my canadian front yard again!
    -Anthony

    ReplyDelete