Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Winning in the RPG PDF Business 1.01

Since with the announcement of 4th Edition TOO many people have been asking me about starting their own RPG PDF business and what they can do to make it successful. I though about it and I was going to sen them to purchase my RPG Publishing Gauntlet episodes that you can get direct at RPGNow.com. But then I tought maybe I will save you a few bucks and just tell you what worked for me. But this time I am going to tell you all the real "DIRTY TRICKS" you can use to to gain market share and annoy people you would call your ARCHNEMESIS.

Now lets start off with the first tactic I use when scouting out to see what type of "defensive action" my ARCHNEMESIS can put to try to stop my advance. You ready ... here it is

1) Put out Product. Simple yes? Well trust me most people don't and can't do it. When I started this year I had 188 products available for sale. I now have 282 product for sale. 94 produst in 9 month. That is a little be less than 11 NEW products a month. Now if you can't release at least 2 product a month, then forget it. This business is not for you. Sorry that is the basic truth. With over 300 publishers at RPGNow.com, if each one just releast one product a year, you would still get buried in the mounds of new product. You need to stand out.

The easiest way to do it is by releasing NEW products. Games like anyone else in the world want to know what is the NEW big thing. Whatever it is and the morst opportunity you get to be known as the company that release NEW stuff, the more money you will make. If you are saying that you can't writer 2 big PDF a month, no one said you have to. One new Prestige / Advanced Class is normally 2,500 words in length which comes out to be 4 to 5 pages in layout length. You can sell something like that for $2 and be on the way to start building your RPG empire. So stop crying a get to work.

Remember: 2 products a month. Just do that and you will be a head of the game. Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment