Sunday, July 8, 2007

Waiting for art...

In the publishing model, there is one that could easily drive me insane and that is waiting for artist to finish with artwork. I hate waiting for art. I love looking at it. I just hate waiting for it. My main artist on NeoExodus: A House Divided, Anthony Cournoyer, has been very popular of late and now is so busy with work that my work has been placed on the back curner for a while. On top of that they new artist that I hire to be the "fill-in" artist for Anthony (He did the cover of Khaynites) has also told me theat his schedule has become incredible busy and I would have to wait longer for my artwork.

So with this, I have placed up ads at several online artist hangout locations stating I need artist. I have received roughly 50+ artist respond, out of that I send resopnse letters to about 10 of them. I expect to hire may 1 or 2 of them. That is less that a 2% return. I have been very tempted of late to start hiring professional artist groups like A4Hire or Udon. They are VERY expensive, but the quality is worth it, just ask Paizo, AEG or White Wolf. God, I hate waiting for art...

No comments:

Post a Comment