Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Getting the Genie back in the bottle...

I just saw the first episode for Sarah Connor Chronicles roughly 6 month before it will appear on Fox TV in 2008. Apparently someone released the first episode on BitTorrent July 22. On July 23rd, a friend informed me of its existance and on July 24, I have seen the episode. Now after seeing it I must say I like it! Good idea with good fun action. Plus they picked the right people to act. And an old "cult sci-fi friend" appears in it too. (Don't want to ruin who it is. You will be glad I didn't!) But the scary part is, all of this took less then two days to do. TWO DAYS! I guess the statement, "information yearns to be free" is very true. After Napster starting this how are they going to "get the genie back in the bottle"? I think this is just the tip of the iceberg on what people are going to do. Music isn't music anymore and TV isn't TV. It is all information. It does not matter what you call it, the end result is the same. It is all information.

You can't stop the signal.

PS: The actress who plays Sarah Connor (Lena Headey) is the sames actress who played Queen Gorgo in 300. I didn't even know until I read here bio.

No comments:

Post a Comment