Thursday, August 25, 2011

Working hard with JP on NeoExodus...


Over a week ago, JP Chapleau handed of the first draft of the NeoExodus: A House Divided Campaign Book to me.  I have been reading it over making changes and explaining things in more detail of what I wanted to see it in and what I didn’t want to see.  The only thing that I had huge issue with above all others was the use of the monster from Monsters of NeoExodus: Caliban and making them a PC race. This was one of those things that I was not too sure about, but I trusted JP so I said OK and we went with it.  But now after reading them in the book, it didn’t make sense to me why we would use them in this way. Today, I spoke to JP about this issue in great length and detail. JP and I went back in forth on this each of us discussing why we thought they were needed the Nomadic Caliban as PCs and why not. Eventually all this discussion gave us an answer HOW we could add them to the setting and WHY it ties in to the setting so well.  So we are changing the concept of Nomadic Caliban into the Kalisans. There of course will be some changes with their background and game mechanics from this draft but this only helps make the NeoExodus setting better.  Teamwork, talking it out and smart thinking are the best ways to handle and problems and issues.  This book is going to be amazing.  Talk to you later…

No comments:

Post a Comment