Monday, October 12, 2009

Back from Baltimore…

The Baltimore Comic Con was a great convention both business-wise and just for old fashioned fun. Here is the list of some of the people I spoke to and talked to this time.

Laura (DePuy) Martin - I have met Laura several times at MegaCon, so now she recognizes me. Always interesting to speaking to her about color theory and digital coloring in general. I have a secret “comic geek” crush on and her my wife thinks it is cute.

J. M. DeMatteis - I have been a fan of his works since I first started reading comics. It was a profound pleasure to meet him and he gave me some incredibly inspiration words about writing.

Kris Straub, Dave Kellett, Scott Kurtz and Brad Guigar from Half Pixel.com, Webcomics Weekly.com and Webcomics.com - All were all great guys to talk to. Brad is even funnier in person. Best of all, they all signed my copy of How to Create Webcomics. Real nice guys.

Jamal Igle -  This was one of the big ones, because Jamal has actually read my Suicide Squad 8 page pitch I did and gave me great comments on it. We talked a while about comics, having children, what is it like to have Geoff Johns kill a character you created and lots of cool stuff. I hope to pitch him something that we could work together on. That would be great.

Jim Chueng - Told him that my wife had a crush on him and I loved his work. He told me that there "should be" an announcement about Young Avengers soon.

Matt Fraction - Really a nice and funny guy. For some reason I thought he might be an assclown. Very wrong about that. Lots of good writing information and inspiration. He gave me the best reason why he writes: “I have a 2 year old who needs to be feed.” Funny part of me talking to him, Brian Michael Bendis is his the booth behind him Fraction reading emails in his IPhone looking up to see what we were talking about.

Steve Ellis - Very cool time. Got his card and looks like we might be talking and doing some business together. Still very hush-hush and in beginning stages, but it is nice to know that he is really interested.

Like I said, a great con. Can’t wait until next year. Talk to you later…

No comments:

Post a Comment