This is a simple easy and effective way to become an overnight artist sensation and get people talking about you & your artwork in a step by step plan:
- Plan to draw 5 images. They can be of whatever you want. In black & white or full color. Large images or small images. You decide. Fantasy, sci-fi, horror, whatever. You pick the genre you love to work in and start drawing.
- Break down the quality of the images you are drawing as such: Three images with a quality of 6 out of 10 (10 being the best); one image with a quality of 8 out of 10 and one image with a quality of 9 out of 10.
- Now after you have done that, draw five more images, now do five more images. Just like before make them whatever you want. This time make quality of three images 8 out of 10 (10 being the best); one image with a quality of 9 out of 10 and one image with a quality of 10 out of 10.
- After you are done with the second set, go back to the first set and place them online at RPGnow.com as a free PDF product. You must do this at RPGnow.com only not any other PDF selling website. This is important due to the fact RPGnow.com has a lot ranking and statistics info that you can use and be more helpful. Tell everyone at any and every RPG news site and blog that you are giving away these five images for free and people can use them anyway they want. Keeps this up for 10 solid days.
- On Day 11 and 12 just relax and do nothing art related at all. Just relax and be completely free with yourself.
- On Day 13, collect the final five images into a PDF product and place that one on sale at RPGnow.com. Make it a reasonable price like $10. Then write an e-mail to all the customers who received your free five images telling them that you have a new set o five images coming out for sale tomorrow (Day 14) and if they liked the first free set, then this new set will really blow them away. Also mention to them that you are also a freelance artist who is always looking for additional work at reasonable rates.
- Day 14, you release the last art set for sale.
That is it. If you have done this correctly you will notice a few things:
- You should have a large number of people who down loaded the free images. People can’t seem to turn down things that are free. I did this with the free Initiative Cards for 4E I produced. On average, I was getting 65 people a day downloading. After 10 days that is roughly 650 people that you can directly market to. I didn’t do the cards because I like 4E, I did them for ability to contact them in the future date.
- There are going to be some people who really like your artwork as would purchase from you if you had some “for pay” images. Now, with the 2nd product you can sell it to them.
- You build up automatic goodwill with the release of the free artwork, and because of that goodwill people will be more inclined to purchase the “pay version” and even hire you for freelance work. The free version gets you easy access to you would like to do business with.
Try this plan for 14 days and see how it does. Talk to you later…