Thursday, March 15, 2007

What CrossGen & Highlander have to do with NeoExodus

When I first started working on NeoExodus: A House Divided I was looking of ways to add very cool things that I like from such things as CrossGen Comics and the Highlander movies and television series. With those two companies I came up with the idea of the Lazarus Brand. Now the initial concept of the Lazarus Brand is similar to to WOTC'S Eberron Campaign Setting with their Dragonmarks but I wanted to take that idea in a different direction. I like the concept in Highlander that these guys have to fight and kill eachother to gain their quickening. The more quickening you gained, the more powerful you became. Also I liked the idea that immortals could sense each other (No need to worry about cutting the head off some non-immortal). So those elements I tied into the Lazarus Brands. When two Lazarus Branded individual fight and one wins over another, then the winner takes the loser brand and gain more power. Simple right? Well kinda of...
With my interested in CrossGen and their ideas of Sigils and Ligis concept I thought this is a great way to handle adding unusual power to characters. So I "stole" (Amateur writers copy, professional steal) that idea and tied it into two charcater I have planning on using in EVERY COMIC BOOK AND SCI-FI I have ever created: the Lawgiver and the Painted Man. Both of these characters are related tothe Lazarud Brands and both have their specific views on what they Brands should be used for (Think Vorlons and Shadows from Babylon 5. See I told you professional steal). So with all this, The Lazarus Brands were born. Now what are the Lazarus Brands and what do they do. Well that is for another time. Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment