Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sometime you have to answer the tough question...


I saw this blog post over at Malcom Sheppard blog, Mob United.   After after reading through the massive amount of responses, I came up with a little comment of my own: I will be quick about this one and ask you the real important question on this topic: If you’re so smart, why aren’t you rich?

Mr. Malcom response to this was: I just can’t bear to pay douchebag rates, Lou.

OK let's take a second.... You're not rich because, "I just can’t bear to pay douchebag rates, Lou.".  Remember when I wrote the blog post Be careful of the “successful” business advice you get even when it’s someone you trust, including me…, well this is one of those moments.  Talk to you later...

4 comments:

  1. That essay is so terrible in so many ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its decently laid out, but I do not see any of his solutions as viable.
    Though it is presented as an essay, I see no reasons for that. As I was reading this I kept thinking that he thought old school was better.
    Though I have a lot of fond memory for the old-school games, looking over these systems today... MAN DID THEY SUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, but as I read that, I kept thinking "This is the asshole who wrote 'AEternal Legends', which is a big rip-off of the World of Darkness, and it sucked." He's a hypocrite, and this seems like a big "the world doesn't like my games, so they all suck" rant. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The arguments ring hollow to me on the Malcolm blog because while he tries to identify a problem, he offers suggestions with no implementation. He offers examples of good games but they are involved with licensing and he states before that using licensed material weakens the market? Another example, games lead better leadership? Most rpg companies are now small man operations. Why not go the full monty and just say you are the gaming messiah Malcolm instead of having an essay with full of holes?

    ReplyDelete