Just to prove to many of you that we have not stopped working on Obsidian Twilight, here is the free race that we are planning to give away BEFORE we release the PDF and core suppliment. Somehting to get you interested in what we are doing. Now I have to admit something, I said a while back that I would not be doing animal races in this setting. I totld you that I would not do it. Well I tried and tried but one race kept popping its head up. It was the werewolf. In a setting like this, they are basically standard. So I am breaking my own rule and creating werewolves (in Obsidian Twilight we call them Lykian. Hello Underworld 1, 2 &3) as a PC race. Here is what we have so far, stat wise:
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma. A Lykian’s fundamental bestial nature causes them to suffer in both their social interaction and reasoning ability and their physical abilities are increased. (0 points - I am using the Race Creation Cookbook for balance.)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Lykians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Lykians base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A Lykians can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. (8 points)
- Leaping: Lykians gains a +8 racial bonus to all jump checks. Lykians are not subjects to limitations on distance for their high or long jumps and jumping through occupied squares does not provoke attacks of opportunity unless the opposition is flying. (11 points)
- Racial Skills: A Lykian’s animalistic heritage enhances many of her physical skills giving them a +2 racial bonus on Climb and Survival checks: (8 points)
- Vulnerability to Silver: Nauseated 1d3 rounds. (-7 points)
- Lesser Vulnerability to Cold Iron: Sickened 1d3 rounds. (-5 points)
- Automatic Languages: Lykian and Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Halfling, and XXXXXX.
Now using the Race Creation Cookbook point system, I still have more than 40 points to spend to make them LA +1. So I need to add in some cool things but I am not sure here are a few ideas I have so far:
- Diseased bite: Not the typical lycanthrope disease something a little more exotic and deadly.
- Regeneration: Always fun with Trolls.
- Shapechanger Subtype: Lykian are humanoids with the shapechanger subtype.
- Trackless: Lykian can move through any type of terrain--mud, snow, dust, etc.--and leave neither footprints nor scent. Thus, tracking a Lykian is impossible by normal means.
Maybe more to come or something even crazier. Who knows. Talk to you later...