Thursday, December 11, 2008

Need to upgrade…

With the announcement from Adobe that they have released Adobe Creative Suite CS4, I have decided that I REALLY need to upgrade my home version in which I am still using Adobe CS. I have to choose from The Design Premium or Master Collection version. Basically the Design Premium does everything I need, but the Master Collection adds the video editing production side to it. I have been a graphic Designer since 1993 and I do love the arena of print, but the world of online and digital are the future of the business. I am glad I got into graphic design when I did because it was the end of the traditional print era and the start of the digital era so I have been trained in both worlds. Even with all my experience and knowledge, the video world is a whole new beast, but I am looking forward to it. Now I just have to find the $2,500 to purchase the Master Collection version. Welcome to the world of the graphic designer. Talk to you later…

3 comments:

  1. Hmm... $2500 bucks. Maybe take a class at a low-cost university to get the student rate :-D

    I have been surviving on free software for so long, I wouldn't know what to do with a suite that does everything. Use "A" for this job, and "B" for that, then close the files and transform with "C". But then, my work is just for me. No money involved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm still stuck on PS7. PS (well and the CS versions) are spendy. I don't make that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just upgraded to CS3 a few months ago, so I imagine I'll be sticking with it for a while before I bite the bullet and grab CS4. I also just upgraded to Quark 8 from 7.

    ReplyDelete