Friday, June 20, 2008

Already saw: Fringe and True Blood

Due to some GREAT contacts of mine, I happened to get a first look at the upcoming Fringe from Fox and True Blood on Showtime.

Fringe kind of reminded me of the pilot of Global Frequency with Pacey, but not as good. It was OK. Not the worst, but could have been better. A LOT BETTER. I get the feeling (which I kind of agree with) that J.J. Abrams is NOT the big next thing. He seems to have the "M. Night Shyamalan Effect" happening to him. Basically, One good idea that get over hyped (J.J. Abrams's Alias, which I thought SUCKED from day one. If you are going to steal from Joel Surnow, steal better! La Femme Nikita KICKED ASS!) and the "mainstream" love it until they are told to love something else. Maybe he will learn from Joss Whedon and Chris Carter about how to make a show that will pass the test of time.

True Blood, well... it was an adult vampire show with a cool concept. But, I am going to have to see more before I give it a good or bad rating. But I am interested, so I guess that is a good thing. Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment