Friday, August 10, 2007

The Cover of Xao: Island of Iron and Silk

While working on Xao, I think about what the cover of this book will look like, A LOT. Being a graphic designer by trade, visually, I look how everything should look and how it relates to everything else. Since this is a part of the NeoExodus Universe I had to keep some visual elements the same: The red bars with asian designs on it, the Asian styled font we use for the logo, stuff like this. But at the same time, I needed to make slight variations to make the Xao related material.

Now artwise, I have a dream of what I would like to see in the way of the cover and characters on it. My top list of artist choices that I would love to do the cover would be Hoon, Jo Chen, Jim Lee, Udon artist like Andrew Hou, Jorge Molina Manzanero, Alex Milne, Kevin Yan and various others. I want this image to have a even more of a "Manga-ese" look to it then the normal NeoExodus stuff does. Well here is a little mock up of what I would like the cover to look like, with the image of people by Hoon for placement. This will be a lot of fun. Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment