Friday, July 27, 2007

Genie in the bottle, Part two...

Well now I have seen the pilots for Pushing Daisies, Chuck and the Bionic Woman. Some one tells me about them and then ... I see them. Now here is something I noticed about all these, 1) all of these programs that have a "high geek interest" potential and 2) they all got "released" the same week that San Diego Comic Comic Con is going on. Hmm... I wonder if that was a coincidence OR have the networks finally figured out if they do not get more interest in show they will not last past 3 - 6 episodes like Drive or my personal favorite, Firefly. Is Hollywood getting smater, maybe... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Reviews of the Shows: All three shows Pushing Daisies, Chuck and the Bionic Woman were very good. Pushing Daisies has a visual quaility that is BEAUTIFUL and a good story on top of that. I had a "ABC feel" to it and since in is going to be on ABC then they did the right thing. Chuck was funny and quirky so in TV terms that mean it will be cancelled in 3 episode. Had a CBS feel to it. Bionic Woman has fun to watch, PLUS some of the cast members of Battlestar Galatica on it so I guess they are going to push this as hard as Heroes last year. TV might actually be good to watch next year. Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment