Saturday, October 15, 2011

Countdown to NeoExodus: 43 Days...

Why is NeoExodus: A House Divided the name of the setting and not just NeoExodus? You can blame White Wolf for that.  A long time ago I was reading an article about Whit Wolf and they were describing their naming process for campaign setting.  They said what worked for them and which they thought made their games so appealing was due to having was a primary Name to the product and a subhead to it. Vampire: The Masquerade was the simplest example to this. After read about that, it effect my naming conventions for the rest of my life for example, Haven: City of Violence, I carried this over when I created NeoExodus. The subhead for a House Divided really described what was going on with the setting. Simple and subtile, plus it played on the quote from Abraham Lincoln that I like, " A house divided against itself cannot stand." Just a little some thing you might find interesting about NeoExodus.  Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment