Sunday, May 30, 2010

What if I changed Pirates of the Bronze Sky inspiration from the American Revolution to the Cold War…

As of late I have been thinking of changing the inspiration of Pirates of the Bronze Sky from the American Revolution to the US & Soviet old War.  I originally planned for this to be a British vs. France vs. Spain set up. But after thinking about it for a while I thought it was boring and kind of dull.  Visually I didn't think there was enough different from them to make it as interested as I would have liked.  So I though about another period of conflict in US history and I came up with the Cold War.  It has a lot of the cool ideas that I think would work well with Pirates of the Bronze Sky plus there is a game mechanic from AEG's Spycraft 1960s sourcebook that I think would work great with what I have planned to keep the "espionage factor" quite high. So instead of the British vs. France vs. Spain it is going to be British vs. Russian vs. China.  I can't wait to think up all kinds of exotic race to place in with the Russian and Chinese factions.  This will be a lot of fun.  Can't wait to see the artwork.  Talk to you later...  

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the American Revolution actually. But I want to see this as a print on demand book from Lulu more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Russia/China/England idea, it will make the sides more differentiated from each other as well as from the vast mass of purely Western Europey swashbuckler stuff that's already out there.

    ReplyDelete