Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Should LPJ Design buy the rights for the Razor Coast setting from Sinister Adventure and release it?

Before we answer the question that was asked with the title of this post, I must say that I have a large amount of respect for Nick Logue, Sinister Adventure and what his plans are with Razor Coast. I can’t wait to see what he has planned.

Now since all the niceties are over, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. Razor Coast sounded like a great idea from the start. I liked everything that Nick had planned to do with this setting he was developing. It was going o be great to see what Nick had planned. So I waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited some more. But after waiting a year I think Nick might be underwater with this project. There are a lot of reasons why this might of happened but it doesn’t matter. What matters is how can this incredible project get on the market? So we go back to the title of this post: Should LPJ Design buy the rights for the Razor Coast setting from Sinister Adventure and release it?

While I don’t think Nick will actually sell LPJ Design the rights to do Razor Coast, (If you are interested Nick send me an email) I would like to do whatever I can to help this project move along. Just let me know what I can personally do to help get this project back on track and out to the fans of your work (Which does include me.) Hope to hear from you soon. Talk to you later…

2 comments:

  1. Well I took a quick look at the Sinister Adventure web site. It does look like Nick is responding to posts. At least there are some entries by him on the forums in December indicating that a first draft is completed and undergoing editing. That being said, I'm sure he could benefit from your experience in getting modules out and available on the web. I can foresee a deal where he retains the intellectual property rights, but licenses you to distribute his product. Of course you’ll have to negotiate any arrangements yourself. I am certainly willing to purchase the product from either of you (My preferred approach is a .pdf download, since it allows me to get the product quickly without much human intervention).

    P.S. *** Warning Evil Genius Alert*** Another idea for creative authors: If you think the idea presented is cool there is very little to stop from writing your own campaign setting based on the idea (However, be sure to change names and not copy text wholesale or you will be in copyright trouble).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Griffin-WadeJanuary 14, 2010 at 9:08 AM

    If I remember Nick is leading a Theater Department someware in England. If so, I could see how he could be swamped for time. At least that is what i was under the impression from the last time I spoke to him at GenCon.

    ReplyDelete