Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pricing yourself out of the market…

I have been thinking about this one for a few days and I think I might have made a major decision in my life. Here goes…

I think I am going to stop collecting comic books.

After nearly 30 years of collecting comics I think the current prices of $2.99 to $3.99 for 22 pages (and some cause 30 pages) of monthly stories, the price is not justified. I LOVE COMICS!!!! Everything about comic I love, but the price increases (sneaky as many of them have been) and the lack of quality in many books make me want to quit buying comics. I bought 4 comic books on Wednesday and it could be nearly $16. FOUR. COMIC. BOOKS. Comic books cost too much. We can debate the quality of the work until the cows come home, but $2.99 for 22 pages (13.5 cents per page) is too much. Shonen Jump is the size of a small phone book and only cost 4.99 for 352 pages (1.4 cents per page). I don’t care that it is black and white comics. I care that for me to get the same amount of comic content I will need to spend around $32 - $33 in US comics. WTF???????

I love comics, but I think I can find something else to love if I have to and I will save that money to use for something else. You just priced yourself out of the market for me. Talk to you later…