Tuesday, December 29, 2009

$1,399 + $578 = $70,000...It's the new math...

Well I have decided in 2010 with a baby on the way, I might want to focus on advancing my skills to help me make money. So first off I am going to purchase Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium for $1,399. Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium combines Adobe InDesign® CS4, Photoshop® CS4 Extended, Illustrator® CS4, Flash® CS4 Professional, Dreamweaver® CS4, Fireworks® CS4, and Acrobat® 9 Pro with additional tools and services. I am currently using the original Adobe Creative Suite 1 (circa September 2003) so you can see I need a bit of an upgrade. Since I am and doing this upgrade I am also going to take classes in PHP and MySQL for $578 at a local college. I have a lot of experience in basic HTML based websites but I really need to step up my skills. With nearly 20 years of graphic design skill, I can make a lot of cool things graphically but I really don’t understand the whole “back end” development of databases for websites. So with these classes, I will be a front end and a back end web developer / designer. So that should increase my pay rate to the $70,000 a year, which I will like very much. Or at least the baby will. Talk to you later…


3 comments:

  1. Check out getting a student copy of the software. I'm sure you or someone you know would qualify. www.studica.com has the suite for $387.95 so long as you have a student ID.

    Also, if your looking for some cheap training to get up to speed on the new features, check out www.lynda.com and for about $25 bucks a month you can bone up on tons of stuff by watching training classes via streaming video. www.vtc.com does the same thing, but also has more technical vs. creative training; including PHP and MySQL. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very familiar with this particular train of thought. Spend money to make more money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark: It is said to say I don't know anyone in school. But I am going to find someone for that price.

    ReplyDelete