Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Splitting up the sales...

With the introduction of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility License, I think I will be selling my Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility License products exclusively at Paizo.com and I will be opening my own PDF store at my website, LPJ Design.com. Now that does not mean I will stop selling at RPGNow.com, but I will be changing what I sell there. Basically I have broken it down like this:
The reason for this is I want to experiement with drawing different types of customer traffic to different retail locations. I think different websites can server a different purpose. Think of it like this: Ecko brand clothing sells is a lot of locations like Macys (Think RPGNow.com) but they also have their own stores where they sell specific items exclusive to Ecko (Think LPJ Design PDF Store). Ecko has also have very speficic lines like Mark Ecko Cut & Sew that are more premier lines (Think Paizo.com). Very basic business ideas that can be used by many up and coming RPG PDF publishers and virtually no cost. Tell me what do you think. Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment