Friday, December 5, 2008

WTF? $3.99 for a 32 page comic book?

I have been collecting comic books since I was 7 years old and the first comic book I remember reading was Uncanny X-Men #112. Written by the incredible writer artist team of Chris Claremont and John Byrne. The comic had every thing I wanted action, drama and excitement. All for the low cost of 35 cents. The Claremont / Byrne era of X-Men is considered to be some of the best written in the history of comics. All for the low cost of 35 cents. Some of the greatest storyline were created during this run including The Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future’s Past. All for the low cost of 35 cents. That was magic.

Today I was looking at all the new series that Marvel comics is releasing in February; Agents of Atlas, Astonishing Tales, Black Panther, Darkhawk and Dark Avengers; and I noticed something. They all had a cover price of $3.99. WTF? $3.99 and issue for a 32 page comic book? WTF? I know I lot of you are like, “What’s the big deal there are several books other there with a $3.99 price.” But you are forgetting those are normally special series like Secret Invasion NOT the main comic lines. Marvel comics just raised the price of the standard comic books by 33%. WTF? 33% increase? I don’t feel the Marvel comics books have gotten 33% better. Actually they have gotten worse by at least 50%. I think I am down to rough 4 or 5 Marvel comics tiles, from 20 or more in my heyday. Well I guess I may be cutting my Marvel comics books by 1 or 2 books. Talk to you later…

No comments:

Post a Comment