Monday, January 7, 2013

Xao is back in my mind again, so now you have to hear about it…

So as always I am in the background thinking about new projects and the one project that I love comes back to the forefront of my mind and that is Xao: Island of Iron and Silk. For those who don’t know what Xao: Island of Iron and Silk is, then read these blog post.  So I have been thinking about the main monsters / races again (P’Tansha – light based P’Tan; stone monkey men; Khaynite hybrids; and more) and of course the idea of new feats for the setting came up. Originally I decide to grab feats from other 3.5 OGL sources (when I started this it was going to be 3.5 OGL) and pulled out all the feats that I thought would work in the setting. Years later I have been going through those feats removing and adding them and I think I am to a place where I am going to send them to our mechanics people and get the gaming mechanics more in line for Pathfinder. But on top of that I am thinking about releasing everything I have for Xao in its rough, unformatted, unedited format to let people kick the tires and see where I am going with this in it RAW format.  After seeing the response from what we did with the Machinesmith and the interaction I wanted to try it again with a bigger project.  So if you want to see Xao and better yet what to help building it, send me a comment here and we will see what we can do. Talk to you later…

2 comments:

  1. Do it man, you've been wanting to put this out for as long as I've known you. Neo-Exodus is your baby, and a damn fun setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY!! Sounds like a cool expansion for the Neo-Exodus world (and would provide something upon which to fixate until the 2013 Kickstarter starts)

    ReplyDelete