Monday, May 4, 2009

Books You Need to Read – How to Make Webcomics

I have talked about this book in the past and now that I am going to do a weekly “Books You Need to Read” section I thought I would start off with one of the most useful book that I have picked up over the last year. How to Make Webcomics was written by by Scott Kurtz, Kris Straub, Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar. Each one of these writer has build their own online presence from the ground up and understand what you need to do to attach interest in what you are doing. While some of you are saying, “This book is for webcomics and I do RPGs. They are not the same thing and why would I buy it?” I can say that 905 of the material you find in this book will be useful for RPG publisher also. One of the easiest ideas that this book gave me was joining Project Wonderful. A very simple concept, I think, works a whole lot better than Goggle Adwords. Also they have a whole chapter of “Going to Conventions” (pg 158) which is the most informative section I have ever read about going to cons. This chapter alone is worth the price of getting of this book. So if you are serious about getting into this business (either the business of comics, webcomics or RPGs) then seriously pick this book up. Talk to you later…

No comments:

Post a Comment